Guidelines for Suicide Helpline:
· A crisis intervention centre intended for suicide prevention throughout the state of Sikkim.
· A dedicated phone number 221152 is installed at Police Control Room, Gangtok for handling distress calls.
· To provide immediate counseling to people in distress having suicidal tendencies.
· To alleviate feelings of despair, isolation, emotional distress and suicidal feeling through confidential listening and emergency counseling.
· The Helpline supports people who call for themselves or someone they care about.
· The helpline number is available 24x7.
· The calls shall be attended by gazetted officers of the Police department.
· A call log shall be maintained to record the caller details and counseling received by the caller on a daily basis.